Method - Serves 4
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Mix together half the olive oil and Moroccan seasoning in a bowl. Rub mix over lamb shanks and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place spice paste ingredients in your food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
- Remove the cooking pot from your Searing Slow Cooker and place it on the stovetop. Heat the cooking pot over medium-heat and brown the shanks on each side. Remove the browned shanks and set aside.
- Add the spice mix and remaining oil and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, onion, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and apricots. Using oven mitts, carefully place the cooking pot in the slow cooker and set to HIGH. Place the lamb on top and add honey and enough warm stock to not quite cover the meat. Add bay leaves and salt and place the lid on.
- Cook for 6 hours on HIGH, turning the shanks over every now and then.
- Serve with mashed potato and garnish with fresh coriander, a dollop of natural yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon juice
*If you can’t locate Moroccan spice mix from your supermarket, mix up a blend of 1tsp of each of cinnamon, ground allspice, ground coriander, ground nutmeg, turmeric, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper or paprika.