Method (Serves 6)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an oven proof 7 cm deep large baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and onion until soft. Add the capsicum, chopped tomatoes, pasta sauce, salt and pepper, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook on medium heat for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring vigourously to prevent lumps. Return to a low-medium heat and cook for a few minutes (stirring constantly) or until the sauce begins to thicken. Add half the cheese and stir through salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato and sweet potato on the bottom of the baking dish, then layer the vegetable sauce, followed by a layer of pasta. Arrange the pumpkin and zucchini followed by the rest of the vegetable sauce, spinach, corn and basil and another layer of pasta.
- Spoon the cheese sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes, take the foil off and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: Your Russell Hobbs Food Processor will make light work of all the chopping, grating and slicing!