Method (Serves 8-10)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes (plus 30 minutes drying time)
- Pre-heat oven to 150°c. Line a flat baking tray with paper.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk on high to soft peaks. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar in intervals until the mixture is thick and glossy. Stir through the vinegar and cornflour and mix just to combine.
- Pile the mixture onto the prepared tray in a circle shape and gently smooth over the top, keeping the pavlova nice and high. Place in the oven, turn the temperature down to 120°c and bake for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off, open the oven door slightly and leave the pavlova to cool and ‘dry out’ for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the passionfruit pulp into the food processor and blitz to loosen the seeds. Leave to strain into a jug or bowl.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in the beaker or a jug and beat using the whisk attachment until pale and frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Melt the butter over a low heat and then stir in the sugar/egg mixture along with the passionfruit juice. Stir vigorously until thickened – do not boil. Take off the heat and whisk in the passionfruit pulp including the seeds. Pour the passionfruit curd into a jug and place in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and serve with the pavlova with a generous drizzle of passionfruit curd.
Tip: Left over passionfruit curd will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (in a sealed container).