Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 160°c fan forced (or 180°c if not fan forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper patty cases.
- Using your Russell Hobbs bench mixer (or electric hand beater), beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy.
- Stir in half the flour until just incorporated then stir in half the milk. Repeat the process with the remaining flour and milk – don’t over mix.
- Fill the patty cases up to two thirds and bake for 18-20 minutes until the cupcakes are light golden. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the butter cream frosting, use the hand mixer to whisk together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Once blended to a smooth fluffy consistency, place frosting into a piping bag with the star shaped nozzle and pipe around the edge of the cupcake, leaving a space in the centre. Decorate with mini eggs in the centre of the cupcake.
TIP: Try different flavourings (eg. hazelnut spread, cocoa, white chocolate) and colourings to add to the frosting.