Method (Makes 24)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your Russell Hobbs Toaster Oven to 160°C with both top and bottom elements on. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat, spring onion, herbs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper for the sausage filling.
- Cut each pastry sheet lengthways down the middle so you have 2 long sheets. Roll small portions of the meat mixture into a log shape and place on one edge of the pastry square, brush the other side of the pastry with a little egg wash to help it stick. Roll up with seam underneath. Continue until meat and pastry is used.
- Poke 6 small slashes in the surface of each roll with a very sharp knife. Brush with a little egg wash.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray (you may need to trim them to fit on the baking tray) and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until pasty is golden and meat cooked through. Serve fresh from the oven with tomato sauce.
TIP: If using a household domestic oven, increase heat to 180°C & cook for 20-25 minutes.