Method (Serves 4)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the oil, onion, carrot, celery, oregano, thyme and bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper then increase the heat and add the tomatoes and stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the cream and red peppers. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and ladle the soup into your Russell Hobbs blender. Cover and process soup in batches until smooth
- Serve with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of cream and hot buttered toast for dippin
Tip: You can purchase roasted red peppers from your local supermarket or deli