- 500g wholemeal flour
- 150g currants
- 150g butter, softened
- 50g mixed peel
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (medium)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150g sugar
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the flour in the bowl, add the softened butter, and mix on speed ‘1’. When the butter and flour start to blend, add the sugar, salt, currants, peel and baking powder.
- Leave it mixing while you beat the eggs and milk together, and then add the egg/milk mixture to the bowl. Increase the speed to ‘2’ and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Put into a greased loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)