Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes and leave to steam dry.
- Whisk lemon zest with remaining ingredients. Coat the chicken all over using half the marinade. Cut the lemon in half and place both halves inside the chicken cavity. Cut a piece of foil large enough to fit the chicken, breast side down.
- Place the chicken and foil on the air fry rack and slide into the middle shelf of the toaster oven. Insert the drip tray on the bottom shelf. Air-fry for 30 minutes. Rotate the air fry rack during cooking, for even browning.
- Toss the potatoes in the remaining marinade. Carefully remove the air fry rack from the toaster oven and use tongs to turn the chicken over, breast side up. Arrange potatoes around the chicken and return to the toaster oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the toaster oven. To test, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the leg meat. The temperature should read 73°C or above. Otherwise, pierce the thickest part with a skewer. If the juices run clear, the chicken is likely cooked.
- Rest the cooked chicken on a board for 15 minutes. Return the potatoes to the toaster oven to crisp up, making sure to remove the foil and the bottom drip-tray for evenly golden potatoes.
- Carve the chicken and serve slices with the crispy potatoes, along with a Greek salad or steamed vegetables.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)