Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Heat the milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan until the butter melts. Cool to room temperate, then whisk in the egg and salt.
- In a separate bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer) combine the flour and yeast. Add the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon (or mix with a dough hook), until the dough forms a ball. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 mins.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl covered with a damp tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 12 even pieces; about 60g each. On a floured surface, roll each into a tight ball. Press your thumb through the center to make a hole. Repeat to use all the dough.
- Transfer doughnuts to oiled baking sheets, leaving space for the doughnuts to rise. Cover with a towel and leave in a warm place until doubled in size; about 45 minutes.
- Arrange half the doughnuts on the air fry rack and spray with oil. Slide into the middle shelf of the toaster oven. Air-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden on top. Flip the doughnuts and cook a further 3-4 minutes, until evenly browned.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish. Carefully remove the hot doughnuts from the toaster oven using tongs. Brush each with milk and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Repeat with remaining doughnuts. Enjoy!
Completed steps (click to remove last step)