Italian Herb Bread
ITALIAN HERB BREAD
- 575g strong white bread flour
- 1 sachet active dried yeast (14g)
- 280ml lukewarm water (30°-35°C)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Italian dried herbs
Method (click to mark as completed)
Makes a 1kg loaf
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix the water, oil, sugar, salt and yeast in a jug or bowl, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour and dried herbs in the bowl, and mix on speed ‘1’, gradually adding the liquid, then increase the speed to ‘2’ and mix for 5 minutes. Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (20-30 minutes).
- Put on a floured surface and knead gently to knock out the air, then shape. Place on greaseproof baking paper and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake until golden brown and hollow sounding on the bottom.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)