- 400g plain flour
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 sachet active dried yeast (about 2½ tsp)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 250ml warm water
- 1 tsp salt
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Gradually add the liquid and mix on speed ‘1’. As the ingredients incorporate, and the dough ball becomes more formed, increase the speed to ‘2’. Knead for a couple of minutes on this speed, until the dough ball is smooth.
- Remove from the bowl and split into 2-4 pieces. Roll into pizza bases (circles or rectangles) on a floured surface, then lay them on a baking sheet or pizza tray.
- Spread the pizza bases with tomato purée and add toppings – mushrooms, ham, olives, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, artichoke, etc. Top with dried herbs, pieces of mozzarella, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the toppings are bubbling and golden brown.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)