Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (Overnight)
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Pat the pork dry with paper towel. Using a small sharp knife, score the skin in long parallel cuts about 5mm apart, being careful not to cut into the meat. Rub the skin with the vinegar.If time permits, refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour, or overnight if possible.
- Combine the oil, herbs, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, fennel and pepper. Rub all over the meat, but not the skin. Cut a piece of foil large enough to wrap the pork. Place the pork in the center, skin facing up. Brush the skin with oil and rub in the remaining salt. Wrap the foil to cover the meat, but not the skin.
- Sit the pork on the air fry rack and slide into the middle shelf of the unit. Insert the drip tray on the bottom shelf. Air-fry for 30 minutes, or until the crackling is golden and crisp all over.
- Rotate the air fry rack during cooking, for even browning.
- Turn the top dial to the Bake function and set the temperature to 190°C. Roast for 50 minutes – 1 hour, or until the pork is cooked through. To test, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The temperature should read 63°C or above. Otherwise, pierce pork with skewer. If the juices run clear, the pork is likely cooked.
- Transfer the pork roast to a board to rest for 15 minutes. To serve, remove the crackling and cut into strips. Carve the meat across the grain into slices.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)