Soft Poppy Seed Rolls
SOFT POPPY SEED ROLLS
- 570g white bread flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 sachet active dried yeast (about 2½ tsp)
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 300ml milk, warmed slightly
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 75g poppy seeds
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Mix the milk, eggs, oil, sugar, salt and yeast in a jug or bowl, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour and poppy seeds in the bowl, and mix on speed ‘1’, gradually adding the liquid, then increase the speed to ‘2’ and mix for five minutes.
- Remove the dough to a floured surface, cut into 8-10 pieces, and roll into shape. Place on greaseproof baking paper and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Brush with a little egg or milk, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and hollow sounding on the bottom.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)