- 150g butter
- 300g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 75g glace cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 75g each of sultanas and raisins
- 3 tbsp milk
- 25g mixed peel
- 3 eggs
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, sugar, dried fruits and spices in the bowl, and beat on speed ‘3’ until combined slightly. Add the eggs and milk and beat for a few seconds, gradually adding the flour, and continue beating until well mixed.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 1½ hours.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)