Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes (+ 10 minutes de-pressurising time)
- Generously grease a pudding bowl (16cm x 8cm) and pour in the golden syrup. Place the trivet in the bottom of the multi cooker bowl and fill the multi cooker with 1 litre of warm water (the water will need to come ¾ ways up the side of the pudding bowl).
- Using electric beaters, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly, then stir in the flour and milk to form a batter. Pour the pudding batter into your prepared pudding bowl and double-wrap with aluminium foil.
- Take a 50cm length of foil and fold it long ways to form a 6cm wide strap. Place this under the pudding bowl to gently lower it onto the trivet. Fold in the edges over the top of the pudding bowl and place the multi cooker lid on and lock it in place.
- Press the PUDDING function and your pudding will be ready in approximately 40 minutes. When the cooking cycle has finished, leave it on KEEP WARM for 10 minutes to slowly release some of the pressure. Then manually release the remainder of the pressure using the quick pressure release method before taking the pudding bowl out using the foil straps to lift it out (always use oven mitts when doing this to avoid burning yourself).
- Serve from the pudding bowl or carefully turn out onto a serving platter. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream and a sprinkle of toasted flaked almonds.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)