- 100g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 100g butter
- 100g self raising flour
- Extra butter for greasing
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Grease a 900ml pudding basin and set aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in the bowl and beat on speed ‘2’ or ‘3’ until light and fluffy. Add one egg, then a little flour, then the other egg, and then mix in the remaining flour.
- Put the syrup into the greased pudding basin, and pour the mixture on top.
- Cover with greaseproof paper or foil, secure with string and steam for 1½-2 hours.
- Serve hot with custard or cream.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)