Vanilla Bean Butter Cake
VANILLA BEAN BUTTER CAKE
- 125g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 2 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease two 18cm straight sided sandwich tins and line with greaseproof paper.
- Split the vanilla pod, and scrape out the seeds with a knife. Put the butter, sugar and vanilla seeds in the bowl, and beat on speed ‘1’ for a few seconds. Add one of the eggs, mix well on speed ‘2’, and then add half the flour. Repeat, adding eggs and flour until all the ingredients are combined and smooth in texture.
- Divide into the two tins and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Fill with butter cream or whipped cream and jam.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)