Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Generously grease a cake tin or similar (16cm x 8cm). Place the trivet in the bottom of the multi cooker bowl and fill the multi cooker with 1 litre of warm water (4 cups).
- Using electric beaters or a bench mixer, whisk the eggs for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue whisking for a further 3 minutes.Gently stir in the flour with a wooden spoon and mix gently until it forms a batter with no lumps. Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin so it is half full and double-wrap with aluminium foil – grease the foil area that will sit at the top of the cake, just in case it touches the foil when rising.
- Take a 50cm length of foil and fold it long ways to form a 6cm wide strap. Place this under the cake tin / pudding bowl to gently lower it onto the trivet. Fold in the edges over the top of the cake tin / pudding bowl and pour enough warm water to come ¾ ways up the side of the cake tin. Place the multi cooker lid on and secure it in place.
- Press the PUDDING function and your cake will be ready in approximately 40 minutes. When it has finished the cooking cycle, leave it on KEEP WARM for 5 minutes until releasing the pressure manually using the quick pressure release method. Using oven mitts, gently take the cake out of the multi cooker using the foil straps to lift it out.
- Leave the cake to cool slightly in the tin, then carefully turn out onto a serving platter. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream and a sprinkle of toasted flaked almonds.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)