Method (Makes 18-24)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Pre-heat your Russell Hobbs Toaster Oven to 160°c with top and bottom elements on. Spray a 12 hole mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray.
- Using a circle pastry cutter (or a cup) wider than the muffin hole size, cut circles from the pastry sheets to line the muffin tray.
- Heat a the olive oil in a small fry pan over medium heat. Gently cook the bacon and spring onion until lightly browned. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric hand mixer for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a jug and carefully pour the egg mix into each pastry case to ¾ full. Sprinkle bacon and chives over the top of each tart and place in the pre-heated oven (don’t overfill them as it will bubble over). Bake for 20-25 minutes until egg is just cooked. Rest in the muffin tin for 5 minutes prior to serving.
TIP: This recipe also works well in a domestic oven on 180°c fan forced for the same amount of time.