Method (click to mark as completed)
Serves makes 12 scrolls
Preparation time: 1.5 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Heat milk to lukewarm. Stir in the yeast and honey, then cover and leave in a warm place for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture, egg and butter then stir to form a dough. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic; about 6-8 minutes. Cover and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker bowl. Roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 20 x 30cm. Scatter evenly with the cheese and bacon then, starting from the long side, roll into a log shape.
- Use a floured knife to cut the log into 12 even pieces, roughly 2cm thick. Evenly place the pieces cut side down in the greased slow cooker bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, or until scrolls have doubled in size.
- Place the bowl into the slow cooker. Lay a tea towel over the bowl and fit the lid snugly on top. Turn the heat to low and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the scrolls are firm and cooked through.
Note: Scrolls can be browned or reheated in the oven if desired.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)