Leek And Potato Soup
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
- 150g leeks, trimmed
- 150g potatoes, peeled
- 2 vegetable or chicken
- 800ml water
- salt and pepper to taste stock cubes
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Blend the leeks and potatoes for a couple of seconds (you want them lumpy, not mushy).
- Transfer to a pan, and add the water and stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for about 30 minutes, then blend at high speed, till it’s smooth and silky.
- Return the mixture to the pan and heat to serving temperature (don’t let it boil). Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve with crusty bread.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)